18.1.13

The Octopode Friday Challenge

Once I found out what the challenge them was I was just thinking this is something I am going to look forward to doing as I just love Alice in Wonderland and in particular the Mad Hatter. Instead of making a normal card I thought I would try something i haven't done before and because I have so many teacups lying around the house not being used and instantly knew what I was going to do. 

I went to florist shop in the market to pick up some lichen (that looks a bit like moss) along with a few extras like the 'green grass' stuff which I had to cut down to fit into the cup along with the big mushrooms I used. The little mushrooms I got off some mini pegs that I have had for some time and never used. 

The dormouse is just adorable and I love his cuteness. The bunting had to be the trickiest bit. Having to cut out each triangle individually and then sticking it on to the purple twine it was a little fiddly. 

As well as this being part of the design team work for The Octopode Factory I will also be entering this into The Altered Alice challenge. I've never entered any challenges apart from the octopode factory in the past so fingers cross they will like my work 

I am very please with this cup and will be on display for forever along with my other Alice in Wonderland items. Please go check put all the other amazing design teams work over at  The Octopode Factory There is some amazing inspiration. TOFF does not require an Octopode Factory image, however if you do use one (and lily has lots of Alice images!) you will be entered in twice for the challenge prize of 3 Octopode digital images. 


4 comments:

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

This is inspired!! I completely love everything about it - amazing!!! ;)

Sarah said...

this is just lovely!

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG! this is just PRECIOUS! Soo fun and whimsicle. thanks for joining us at The Altered Alice. Hope to see you again soon. xxD

KristyLee said...

This is so cool, I just love your tea cup w/ the AIW details! You did a agreat job!
Pece,
KristyLee